Activities & Articles
The following resources are designed for ASB participants to explore the themes and issues related to ethical and effective service. ASB leaders are encouraged to consider how they will include these topics in their winter course, utlizing these resources or other activities and articles.
- "What Is Service?" Facilitation overview
- "What is Service?" Handout
- Public Service Pathways Activity
- Mapping Your Service Landscape
- The Assumption Game
- Principles of Ethical & Effective Service (Haas Center for Public Service)
- Reflection Activity Toolkit
Articles with questions for discussion/reflection
- "True ASB'er Disputes Criticism"
- "Soup-Kitchen Volunteers Hate College-Application-Padding Brat"
- "Charity Display"
- "Slumdog Tourism"
- "Students Embark on Weeklong Trip to Help The Poor"
- "Short Term Missions: Are they Worth the Cost?