January 5, 2015: Preliminary Study List Deadline (at 5:00 p.m.) and First Day of Classes
- You must be "at status" by 5:00 p.m. on the first day of classes in each quarter. This means that, at the end of the first day of classes in each quarter, an undergraduate must be enrolled in no fewer than 12 units, and a graduate student must be enrolled in no fewer than 8 units.
- Students approved for a Special Registration Status (13th quarter, PSO, reduced course load, graduation quarter, TGR, or graduate tuition adjustment) must be enrolled in no fewer than the minimum units applicable to that status.
- Students not "at status" by 5:00 p.m. on the first day of classes are subject to a $200 late study list fee.
January 23, 2015: Final Study List Deadline (at 5:00 p.m.)
You may continue to add and drop classes, or adjust units on variable unit classes, until the Final Study List deadline.
- Failure to enroll in classes by the Final Study List deadline will cause your student status to be canceled and all student privileges to be revoked.
- This is the last day for tuition reassessment for dropped courses or units.
- After this deadline you may withdraw from classes through the course withdraw deadline and a “W” notation will appear on your transcript. (Note: professional school courses do not allow students to withdraw.) There are no tuition reassessments for withdrawing from individual courses.
- All students on the waitlist for Undergraduate and Graduate courses after the deadline has passed will be dropped from the waitlist the following business day.
February 27, 2015: Change of Grading Basis Deadline (at 5:00 p.m.)
Changes to grading options cannot be made after this deadline. We advise you to check your study list on Axess to confirm that you have the correct grading basis assigned for any courses for which there is a choice.
- Further information on changing a grading option is available on the Registrar's Enrollment page.
February 27, 2015: Course Withdraw Deadline (at 5:00 p.m.)
You cannot withdraw from a course after this deadline.
- Further information on withdrawing from a course is available on the Registrar's Enrollment page
- International students on F1/J1 VISA should check with a Bechtel International Center advisor before withdrawing from courses.
See the complete academic calendar for 2014-15.
All freshmen who still have an enrollment hold must have a check-in meeting with their assigned pre-major advisor to have the hold removed. If you have questions, contact your Academic Director.
Enrolling in Classes
Instructions for enrolling in classes may be found on the Axess Help pages. Additionally, tutorial videos are available on the Student Services Center website. For technical difficulties when using Axess, submit a HelpSU request. Note that technical support is not available on weekends or holidays.
If you are a graduate student with approved TGR (Terminal Graduate Registration) status, you must enroll in an 801 or 802 course in your department each quarter.
If you are not planning to enroll for Winter Quarter, you must file a Leave of Absence form (pdf).
Students Planning to Graduate in Winter Quarter
Registration is required in the term in which your degree is conferred. If you are not planning to enroll in courses during Winter Quarter, you need to apply for an alternative registration status (i.e., Permit to Attend for Services Only, 13th Quarter). See the Special Registration Status web page for more information. You should contact the Student Services Center (Tresidder Union, 2nd floor) for individual assistance.
To maintain your visa status, you must be enrolled full time or be enrolled in a TGR 801/802 course. The Bechtel International Center (iCenter) provides full information about maintaining your visa status. New international students on a F1/J1 VISA cannot enroll in classes until they have reported to the Bechtel International Center and presented their passport. This requirement ONLY applies during the first quarter of enrollment for NEW international students. See the iCenter's New International Student Orientation pages.