Federal law requires the University to collect and confirm certain information. Providing this information assists the University in receiving federal funding. To accomplish this, we have created a "Student Check-In" that includes both required and optional information sections. This Check-In is available all year round for you to update.
The University has placed an enrollment hold on your Axess account that will be automatically removed when you have completed the required items in the Student Check-In. We expect that this process will take less than five minutes of your time.
Even if you have already entered this information, you must confirm that the information you have entered is still accurate.
This annual process has been expanded this year to include the following information:
- Emergency contact information: we collect this information in order to be able to respond effectively in emergency situations.
- Missing person notification: this is federally required information used only in the event that a student is reported as missing for 24 hours or more.
- Tax dependent status: the University needs to know whether or not your parents claim you as a dependent for tax purposes.
- Your ethnicity: we collect this information in order to comply with federal law.
- University policies acknowledgment: the University requires that you have read and understand University policies.
- Travel: Stanford is required to report all funds given to individuals for use outside the United States. No identification of individuals receiving such funds is required.
The following pages provide help and information on how to fulfill this requirement.
The University appreciates your participation in this process of gathering this essential information.