Application Fee: Effective Autumn quarter 2013-14, students who accept an offer of admission and are matriculated into the program are assessed a $125 coterm application fee.
Applications for admission to a coterminal program must fulfill the following conditions:
- Applicants must have earned a minimum of 120 units toward graduation (UTG) as shown on the undergraduate unofficial transcript. This includes allowable Advanced Placement (AP) and transfer credit.
- Applicants must submit their application and, if admitted, respond to the offer of admission no later than the quarter prior to the expected completion of their undergraduate degree. This is normally the Winter quarter prior to Spring quarter graduation.
- Applicants must meet the requirements and deadlines established by the department or program to which they are applying.
- Applicants are only permitted to apply to one coterminal program per term.
- Coterminal students must have the bachelor’s degree conferred before adding a second advanced degree program.
To apply for admission to a coterminal master’s program, students must submit to the prospective graduate department the following:
- Application for Admission to Coterminal Masters’ Program,
- statement of purpose,
- preliminary program proposal,
- two letters of recommendation from Stanford professors,
- and a current Stanford transcript.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores or other requirements may be specified by the prospective department.
At this time the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Departments, as well as Graduate School of Education coterm programs are accepting online applications. Please review the websites of these particular departments for more information.