On this page:
Some students may be sponsored by a third-party who commits to paying the student's tuition and/or other fees. Stanford University will invoice outside organizations (sponsors) which require a separate invoice for certain fees the sponsor agree
s to pay on the student bill. This process is called Third Party Contract (TPC) invoicing and is managed by Student Financial Services (SFS).
- To initiate the TPC process, students complete their portion of the Third Party Contract Application, in addition to authorizing SFS to invoice the sponsor in Axess as instructed on page 2 of the TPC Application. The FERPA release remains in effect until the student deletes their sponsor by ‘opting out’ of TPC invoicing or leaves Stanford.
- The sponsor completes the remainder of the TPC Application, indicating the items they will pay in support of the student and for which terms and/or academic year(s) the support will apply. The completed application should be emailed or faxed to Stanford. A family member or a family owned business is not considered a TPC sponsor.
- Student Financial Services receives the completed application and places a conditional credit on the student account, as if the charges are paid. A TPC credit on the student account does not signify payment by the sponsor was received. The TPC sponsor is then invoiced for the support and submits their payment to Stanford.
Application Submission Deadlines:
Third Party Contract (TPC) applications are due no later than the Friday prior to the Final Study List deadline of the term you wish sponsorship to begin. Any applications submitted after this date will not be accepted for a start date in the current term. Please see the Academic Calendar for current Final Student List deadline dates.
- Sponsors are sent their invoice via a secure email after the Final Study List deadline each term. Payment is due within 25 days of invoicing. Non-payment could result in a reversal of the TPC credit on the student account. NOTE: Student Financial Services does produce nor mail paper invoices.
- Payment methods for TPC sponsors are noted on the TPC Application and the TPC invoice.
- To ensure proper credit, sponsors must include their Sponsor ID# with their payment. A third party sponsor should never be an authorized payer on Stanford ePay as this could result in a duplicate credit on the student account.
The following information is only for Third Party Contract sponsors who have received an invoice and are submitting payment for their supported students. For general wire payment instructions for all others, please see http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/sfs/bill/overviews-payment#transfer
Wells Fargo Bank
Corporate Banking Division
Attention: Banking Services Officer for Stanford University
San Francisco, Main Office, 420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104-1206
Our bank account number is: 4123217945
Our bank ABA number is: 121-000-248 (domestic)
Our BIC or SWIFT code is: WFBIUS6S (international)
NOTE: The sending bank may charge a service fee to initiate the wire transfer which is in addition to the sponsor's payment.
If you have questions about TPC, student bills, payments, or other related matters; you may find the answer on our search engine AskJane. If the answer is not available, we encourage you to submit a HelpSU ticket to the Student Services Center.