- Go to Axess at http://axess.stanford.edu
- Choose Direct Deposit from the options in the Student Mega Menu at the top of the page.
- Click Add Account.
- Enter bank account number and routing number.
- Select checking or savings.
- Student refunds are sent to only one bank account so, generally, students should enter one bank account and choose Deposit Type 'Balance' (Deposit Order '999' will default).
- Verify your information and save.
For more details, please see below:
Who does this?
- Stanford Employees receiving paychecks
- Students receiving student refund / stipend checks
- Employees choose to have their pay and reimbursements automatically deposited to their bank account(s)
- Students elect to automatically deposit their student refund / stipend checks to their bank accounts
How? Enroll, update, or cancel direct deposit elections at any time from the Stanford Axess web site.
On this page:
- Direct deposit enrollments / updates submitted during the days following the end of a pay period may not take effect until the following payday. Check your bank account to confirm receipt of funds on payday.
For student refund / stipend checks:
- Direct deposit information is updated nightly for information entered by midnight PST. The next refund processed will be deposited directly to your bank account.
- If you have entered more than one bank account, student refunds or stipends will be deposited into the account with the highest priority.
For iOU reimbursement payments:
- Future reimbursements will be deposited to your bank account.
- If you have entered more than one bank account, reimbursements will be deposited into the account with the highest priority.
- Employees: Submit a HelpSU ticket to Payroll (Category Central Office Issues and Request Type Payroll question).
- Students: See Frequently Asked Questions regarding Online Direct Deposit.
- Search for an answer to your question on askJane.