About Student and Academic Services
Student and Academic Services supports every student, faculty member, and academic and student affairs staff member on campus.
We support teaching and learning at Stanford by maintaining and developing effective systems and applications, engaging directly with students, faculty, and administrative staff, and collaborating with academic offices and administrative units across campus. We administer hundreds of key operations, transactions, and processes to ensure student success, equity of access, and the integrity of a Stanford education.
Offices of Student and Academic Services
- University Registrar's Office - Supports teaching and learning at Stanford by maintaining the integrity of academic policies and the student information system. The Registrar’s Office is the steward of Stanford’s student records from application to degree conferral in perpetuity.
- Student Services Center (SSC) - Enriches the student experience through collaborative outreach, innovative solutions, and by educating and empowering staff.
- Graduate Admissions - Serves as the administrative gateway for Stanford’s prospective and new incoming graduate students and their admitting schools/departments/programs.
- Student Financial Services (SFS) - Manages the University’s billing and payment of student tuition and fees, and leads the University’s financial literacy program for students.
- Mind Over Money - Equips students with a foundation to make informed financial decisions during their time at Stanford and in their careers and lives after the Farm.
- Bechtel International Center - Responsible for ensuring institutional compliance with federal immigration regulations, supports and advises international students, scholars, and families regarding immigration and visa issues, advises Stanford students pursuing scholarships abroad, and provides opportunities to increase international awareness and understanding on campus.
- Student Information Systems - Maintains Stanford student systems, including Axess, standalone operational enhancements, and system integrations of data throughout Student Affairs, with an emphasis on cohesiveness, collaboration, and system sustainability.
Meet the Associate Vice Provost for Student and Academic Services and University Registrar.