What to do when your roommate, apartment-mate or suitemate tests positive
Guidance for sharing living spaces.
If you are sharing housing with a student who tests positive and everyone has private bedrooms, the student who tests positive will isolate in their room and everyone is advised to:
- Stay inside your bedrooms with doors closed as much as possible.
- Wear face coverings except when in the bathroom, eating, or in your bedroom.
- Avoid entering the bathroom within 15 minutes of your apartment-mates.
- Disinfect the bathroom and kitchen as often as possible.
- Eat in separate rooms.
- Avoid sharing personal items.
Students who test positive should avoid using the laundry room. Healthy students should review this COVID exposure guidance.
Please care for yourself and everyone around you.