In the Spotlight: New TimelyCare Option for Students
To expand accessible options for services and lower barriers to care for students, Stanford has partnered with TimelyCare, a virtual medical and mental health care service. This service is available to any enrolled student at no cost 24/7, 365 days/year. It is offered as a supplement to the extensive existing in-person and virtual services offered by Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Vaden Medical Services, and other Vaden and on-campus resources.
Why is the resource helpful to me?
- Easy Access: Students can speak with a TimelyCare mental health professional or a clinician any time of day or night, every day of the year. This is helpful for those who have a busy schedule and can not meet during normal operating hours.
- No Cost: Care is fully paid for by Vaden Health Services – there are no copays or other costs to students.
- Out-of-State-Care: TimelyCare can be used anywhere in the United States, whether you are studying in another state or traveling over break.
What services are available?
- MedicalNow: On-demand treatment/advice for common health issues, including cold, flu, and allergies
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors
- Scheduled Medical: Choose the day, time, and medical provider that best works for you
- Scheduled Counseling: Choose the day, time, and mental health provider that works best for you (12 visits/academic year)
- Self-Care Content: Visit the Explore page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content
TimelyCare is not meant to replace Vaden resources for students with urgent medical or mental health needs. For any medical or life-threatening emergencies, please call 911 (9-911 from an on-campus phone or use a blue emergency phone).
How do I access TimelyCare?
All currently enrolled Stanford students who reside in the United States have access to TimelyCare.* To begin accessing care, log in to timelycare.com/stanford or download the TimelyCare app. You do not need to be referred by Vaden.
* TimelyCare does not replace existing resources for students who are studying or traveling overseas, since its clinicians are licensed only in the United States.
- Vaden Health Services: Dedicated and professional clinicians are available to diagnose and treat illness, injury, and ongoing conditions, as well as for preventive counseling and education. They provide a full range of care, from screening tests to medical emergencies. Schedule an appointment through the VadenPatient Portal. Vaden can also be reached 24/7 at 650.498.2336.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: Offers individual visits, skills workshops, process groups, psychiatry services, community referral resources, 24/7 support, and crisis intervention. Schedule an appointment by calling 650.723.3785 on weekdays from 9am-4pm. For crisis counseling and urgent concerns, call 650.723.3785 and ask for the “on-call counselor,” available 24 hours a day.