Working with the University
- Our priority when responding to a reported concern is to care for our students and the larger residential community.
- Student staff and on-call deans value student privacy but are campus security authorities (i.e., mandatory reporters) for the purposes of certain crimes or threats of certain crimes* and must report certain information to the Clery Compliance Coordinator. There are confidential resources outside of Residential Education.
- We will listen to your concern, ask questions and take action to provide necessary support.
Wrapping Things Up
- After managing an acute concern, we will follow up with the individual who shared the concern. We will not share private student information.
- We will follow up with any relevant staff and students to ensure that there is clarity on the process and an understanding of next steps.
*For complete information about Campus Security Authority (CSA) responsiblities and the incidents that must be reported, please consult the Stanford University's annual Safety, Security, and Fire Report.
*To access the Dean's Leave of Absence Refferal Form, please click here.