Skip to content Skip to navigation

How We Can Help

Photograph of the Residence Deans at the start of the 2018-19 academic year.

Reporting a Concern

If you're concerned about an undergraduate student, contact a residential staff member. If you can't find a staff member and need help right away, call (650) 723-2733. Residence Deans are here to help you.

So, what happens when you tell someone about a student concern?

Working with the University

  • Our priority when responding to a reported concern is to care for our students and the larger residential community.  
  • Student staff and on-call deans value student privacy but are campus security authorities (i.e., mandatory reporters) for the purposes of certain crimes or threats of certain crimes* and must report certain information to the Clery Compliance Coordinator. There are confidential resources outside of Residential Education.
  • We will listen to your concern, ask questions and  take action to provide necessary support. 

​Wrapping Things Up 

  • After managing an acute concern, we will follow up with the individual who shared the concern. We will not share private student information.
  • We will follow up with any relevant staff and students to ensure that there is clarity on the process and an understanding of next steps.

*For complete information about Campus Security Authority (CSA) responsiblities and the incidents that must be reported, please consult the Stanford University's annual Safety, Security, and Fire Report

*To access the Dean's Leave of Absence Refferal Form, please click here.