Monkeypox Guidance for Students
Main content start
We have made arrangements to care for students who report testing positive for monkeypox, which spreads through close, personal, skin-to-skin contact.
What to Do If You Have Symptoms Or Need to Report a Confirmed Case
Contact Vaden Health Services
- Contact an advice nurse at Vaden Health Services by calling 650.498.2336. The advice nurse will help with testing and appointments with Vaden health care providers. Vaden will also connect you to other campus resources such as isolation housing.
- Varsity athletes should inform Sports Medicine in addition to Vaden.
Until you move into isolation housing or have been cleared by a medical provider, take the following precautions to protect those around you:
- Mask around others.
- Clean hands often.
- Clean surfaces you touch often.
- Keep any active rash areas covered as much as possible.
- Avoid common areas when possible.
- Avoid using furniture that cannot be cleaned.
- Avoid physical contact with others.
- Keep all of your personal trash that has come into contact with your body or lesions in a separate bag and bring the bag with you for disposal in isolation. (i.e. bandages, tissues, napkins, etc.).