COVID-19 Guidance for Students
Welcome to Campus.
We want to assure you that we are taking steps to protect everyone’s health and safety, and we invite you to join us in minimizing the prevalence and reducing the spread of COVID-19 on our campus. Please check back regularly for the latest information about COVID-19 requirements to help you navigate life on the Farm.
New to Stanford?
Find information about arrival testing and where to pick up free COVID tests on campus.
The New Academic Year has Begun!
Here’s a quick summary of our fall public health guidance.
- All students are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Complete your entrance health requirements. Boosters are available on campus and are recommended for Stanford students. Stanford Health Care is offering the booster to adults and children over age 12 at the Neuroscience Wellness Center and off-campus locations. Here’s more information, including FAQs.
- Keep a first aid kit with your preferred over-the-counter medications such as fever reducers and decongestants to get you through the cold and flu season. Be sure to include a thermometer.
- Pick up Color and rapid tests as needed this fall. Tests are available at these locations, for students and students’ spouses/partners living in R&DE-assigned housing. Learn more about testing when symptomic or exposed to COVID-19.
- Stanford strongly recommends masking indoors and in crowded outdoor settings. Masking is required in classrooms, except while speaking; in healthcare facilities, including Vaden Health Center and Stanford hospitals and clinics; and on Marguerite buses. KN95 masks are available 2 per student, per visit, at the Arrillaga Family Dining Commons Color test pick up site.
- Slow down and tune in to how you feel. Familiarize yourself with COVID symptoms and be ready to test if needed. Report any positive COVID test results and review COVID’s isolate-in-place protocol and campus resources.
- Take preventative measures to help protect our community against monkeypox. We have made arrangements to care for students who report testing positive for monkeypox, more on monkeypox guidance here.
- Connect with Resources for Our Communities for a variety of services, guidance, and more. Take time to care for yourself and connect with friends, family, and other support. You do not have to experience anything on your personal journey on your own.
COVID Isolation Guidance
Here's what to do if you test positive and related information.
COVID Exposure & Symptomatic Testing
Here's a quick guide to quarantine/isolation, masking, and testing for students who have tested positive, are symptomatic, or have been exposed.
Arrival, Travel, & Return Testing Guide
Here are more details about our approach to supporting a healthy return to campus, on initial arrival and post-travel, including picking up university-provided rapid tests.
COVID-19 Testing, Vaccination & Health Check
Learn more about rapid and Color testing, the vaccination requirement, and Health Check.