COVID-19 Guidance for Students
Thank you for helping us keep campus as healthy and safe as possible!
We encourage everyone to wear face coverings and to test upon arrival, and then re-test and isolate as needed. Here's more information for students, campers, and visitors:
- If you are attending a conference or residential camp, contact R&DE Stanford Conferences.
- If you are a varsity athlete please contact Stanford Athletic training at 650.498.0261, or your team athletic trainer.
- If you are a high school or graduate summer session visiting student, review Summer Session COVID-19 Policy and Procedures.
- All other students, the COVID guidance found on these Student Affairs’ COVID pages apply to you.
Welcome to Campus
We want to assure you that we are taking steps to protect everyone’s health and safety, and we invite you to join us in minimizing the prevalence and reducing the spread of COVID-19 on our campus. Please check back regularly for updates here and at Health Alerts for the latest information about COVID-19 requirements to help you navigate life on the Farm. For more information regarding COVID guidance and recommendations including our current tier, please explore below.
Arrival, Travel, & Return Testing Guide
Here are more details about our approach to supporting a healthy return to campus, on initial arrival and post-travel, including picking up university-provided rapid tests.
Highlights of COVID-19 Guidance for Students
- Face coverings are required in classrooms and required or highly recommended in other settings.
- Student gatherings permitted beginning April 1.
- Surveillance testing required for all unvaccinated and unboosted students.
- Vaccinations required for all.
- Booster shots required for all.
- COVID testing and vaccination guidance for all visitors.
- Vaccination recommended for spouses, partners, and children aged 12 years and older.
What to do when you or a close contact test positive
Immediately following a positive COVID-19 test result all students should inform the university through the next steps shared here.
COVID Exposure and Symptomatic Testing
Here you can review guidance on COVID exposure testing timelines and testing when you develop symptoms.
Guidance on Isolation
Guidance on positive COVID-19 test results and isolation.
COVID-19 Testing, Vaccination and Health Check Requirements
Explore guidance on how to meet these requirements.
Students are expected to follow all university public health requirements, which are university policies subject to accountability processes administered through the Dean of Students office as articulated in the Residence Agreement, Fundamental Standard and Office of Community Standards policies.